初中生經典閱讀英語
⑴ 經典七年級英語美文摘抄
文 ,一見這詞,就有一種優雅的、美好的感覺。對它的理解,有兩種解釋:一是就文體說,指的是藝術性的 散文 ,或者敘事,或者寫景,或者兩者兼而有之。下面是我帶來的 七年級英語 美文,歡迎閱讀!
七年級英語美文篇一
Love Your Mother 愛你的母親
When you came into the world, she held you in her arms. You thanked her by wailing like abanshee.
你來到人世時,她把你抱在懷里。而你對她的感恩回報,就是像報喪女妖一樣哭得天昏地暗。
When you were 1 year old, she fed you and bathed you. You thanked her by crying all nightlong.
你1歲時,她為你哺乳,為你沐浴。而你對她的感恩回報,就是啼哭鬧騰,徹夜不休。
When you were 3 years old, she made all your meals with love. You thanked her by tossingyour plate on the floor.
你3歲時,她滿懷愛心為你准備三餐。而你對她的感恩回報,就是把盤子扔到地上。
When you were 5 years old, she dressed you for the holidays. You thanked her by plopping intothe nearest pile of mud.
你5歲時,她在節日里為你精心打扮。而你對她的感恩回報,就是撲通一聲摔進旁邊一堆泥巴里。
When you were 7 years old, she bought you a baseball. You thanked her by throwing itthrough the next-door-neighbor's window.
你7歲時,她給你買來個 棒球 。而你對她的感恩回報,就是把隔壁鄰居家的窗戶砸破。
When you were 9 years old, she paid for piano lessons. You thanked her by never evenbothering to practice.
你9歲時,她掏錢讓你 學鋼琴 。而你對她的感恩回報,就是從來都懶得練一下。
When you were 11 years old, she took you and your friends to the movies. You thanked her byasking to sit in a different row.
你11歲時,她帶你和朋友去看電影。而你對她的感恩回報,就是請她坐到另一排去。
When you were 13, she suggested a haircut that was becoming. You thanked her by telling hershe had no taste.
你13歲時,她建議你把發型修剪得體。而你對她的感恩回報,就是說她一點品味都沒有。
When you were 15, she came home from work, looking for a hug. You thanked her by havingyour bedroom door locked.
你15歲時,她下班回到家,期望你能給她一個擁抱。而你對她的感恩回報,就是呆在卧室中將房門緊鎖。
When you were 18, she cried at your high school graation. You thanked her by staying outpartying until dawn.
你18歲時,她為你高中 畢業 喜極而泣。而你對她的感恩回報,就是在外面參加聚會通宵達旦不回家。
When you were 19, she paid for your college tuition, drove you to campus, carried your bags.You thanked her by saying good-bye outside the dorm so you wouldn't be embarrassed infront of your friends.
你19歲時,她為你支付大學的學費,開車送你去學校,幫你提包裹行李。而你對她的感恩回報,就是在宿舍門外匆匆說再見,為的是你不致於在朋友面前感到丟人。
When you were 21, she suggested certain careers for your future. You thanked her by saying, "I don't want to be like you."
你21歲時,她為你將來從事什麼職業提出一些建議。而你對她的感恩回報,就是對她說:“我才不願像你那樣!”
When you were 23, she gave you furniture for your first apartment. You thanked her by tellingyour friends it was ugly.
你23歲時,她為你的第一套公寓置辦傢具。而你對她的感恩回報,就是告訴朋友說這些傢具非常難看。
When you were 25, she helped to pay for your wedding, and she cried and told you how deeplyshe loved you. You thanked her by moving halfway across the country.
你25歲時,她花錢幫你籌辦婚禮,對你哭訴著說她是多麼地深愛著你。而你對她的感恩回報,就是把家安得離她遠遠的。
When you were 30, she called with some advice on the baby. You thanked her by telling her, "Things are different now."
你30歲時,她打來電話為寶寶撫養提出忠告。而你對她的感恩回報,就是告訴她:“現在情況和以前不同了!”
When you were 40, she called to remind you of an relative's birthday. You thanked her bysaying you were "really busy right now".
你40歲時,她打電話提醒你別忘了一個親戚的生日。而你對她的感恩回報,就是說你“現在忙得不可開交”。
When you were 50, she fell ill and needed you to take care of her. You thanked her by talkingabout the burden parents become to their children.
你50歲時,她生病了需要你照顧。而你對她的感恩回報,就是念叨著父母成為了子女的負擔。
And then, one day, she quietly died. And everything you never did came crashing down likethunder.
後來,有一天,她靜悄悄地去了。所有那些你該做而未做的事,彷彿炸雷般在你耳邊轟隆而過。
Let us take a moment of the time just to pay tribute and show appreciation to the personcalled MOM though some may not say it openly to their mother. There's no substitute for her.Cherish every single moment. Though at times she may not be the best of friends, may notagree to our thoughts, she is still your mother!
讓我們花一點點時間,對那個被我們叫做“媽”的人表達敬意和感激之情,雖然有些人當著面說不出口。她是不可替代的。珍惜與她在一起的每一時刻吧。雖然有時候,她可能不是我們最好的朋友,可能不同意我們的想法,但她依然是你的媽媽!
Do not take for granted the things closest to your heart. Love her more than you love yourself.Life is meaningless without her.
不要以為,與你心最近,你就理所應得。愛她要甚於愛你自己。沒有了她,生命將毫無意義。
七年級英語美文篇二
辛波絲卡《一見鍾情 Love at First Sight》
They're both convinced
他們彼此深信
that a sudden passion joined them.
是瞬間迸發的熱情讓他們相遇。
Such certainty is beautiful,
這樣的篤定是美麗的,
but uncertainty is more beautiful still
但變化無常更是美麗。
Since they'd never met before, they're sure
既然從未見過面,所以他們確定
that there'd been nothing between them.
彼此並無任何瓜葛。
But what's the word from the streets, staircases, hallways—
但是聽聽自街道、樓梯、走廊傳出的話語——
perhaps they've passed each other a million times?
他倆或許擦肩而過一百萬次了吧?
I want to ask them
我想問他們
if they don't remember—
是否記不得了——
a moment face to face
在旋轉門
in some revolving door.
面對面那一刻?
Perhaps a "sorry" muttered in a crowd?
或者在人群中喃喃說出的“對不起”?
A curt "wrong number" caught in the receiver?
或者在聽筒截獲的唐突的“打錯了”?
But I know the answer.
然而我早知他們的答案。
No, they don't remember
是的,他們記不得了。
They'd be amazed to hear
他們會感到詫異,倘若得知
that chance has been toying with them
緣分已玩弄他們
now for years.
多年。
Not quite ready yet
時機尚未成熟
to become their destiny,
還不能成為他們命運,
it pushed them close, drove them apart,
緣分將他們推近又驅離,
it barred their path,
憋住笑聲
stifling a laugh,
阻擋他們的去路,
and then leaped aside.
然後閃到一邊。
There were signs and signals,
有一些跡象和信號存在,
even if they couldn't read them yet.
即使他們尚無法解讀。
Perhaps three years ago
也許在三年前
or just last Tuesday
又或者就在上個星期二
a certain leaf fluttered
有某片葉子飄舞於
from one shoulder to another?
肩與肩之間?
Something was dropped and then picked up.
有東西掉了又撿了起來?
Who knows, maybe the ball that vanished
天曉得,也許是那個
into childhood's thicket?
消失於童年灌木叢中的球?
There were doorknobs and doorbells
還有已被觸摸
where one touch had covered another
千百遍的
beforehand.
門把和門鈴。
Suitcases checked and standing side by side.
檢查完畢後並排放置的手提箱。
One night, perhaps, the same dream,
有一晚,也許做了同樣的夢,
grown hazy by morning.
到了早晨又都變得模糊。
Every beginning
每個開始
is only a sequel, after all,
畢竟都只是續篇,
and the book of events
而充滿情節的書本
is always open halfway through.
總是從一半開始看起。
七年級英語美文篇三
聶魯達《我喜歡你是寂靜的 I Like for You to Be Still》
I like for you to be still: it is as though you are absent
我喜歡你是寂靜的,彷彿你消失了一樣,
and you hear me from far away and my voice does not touch you
你從遠處聆聽我,我的聲音卻無法觸及你。
It seems as though your eyes had flown away
好像你的雙眼已經飛離去,如同一個吻,封緘了你的嘴。
and it seems that a kiss had sealed your mouth
如同所有的事物充滿了我的靈魂,
As all things are filled with my soul
你從所有的事物中浮現,充滿了我的靈魂。
you emerge from the things, filled with my soul
你像我的靈魂,
You are like my soul, a butterfly of dreams
一隻夢的蝴蝶。
and you are like the word Melancholy
你如同憂郁這個詞。
I like for you to be still, and you seem far away
我喜歡你是寂靜的,好像你已遠去。
It sounds as though you are lamenting, a butterfly cooing like a dove
你聽起來像在悲嘆,一隻如鴿悲鳴的蝴蝶。
And you hear me from far away, and my voice does not reach you
你從遠處聽見我,我的聲音無法觸及你:
Let me come to be still in your silence
讓我在你的沉默中安靜無聲。
And let me talk to you with your silence
並且讓我借你的沉默與你說話,
that is bright as a lamp, simple as a ring
你的沉默明亮如燈,簡單如指環,
You are like the night, with its stillness and constellations
你就像黑夜,擁有寂寞與群星。
Your silence is that of a star, as remote and candid
你的沉默就是星星的沉默,遙遠而明亮。
I like for you to be still: it is as though you are absent
我喜歡你是寂靜的,彷彿你消失了一樣,
distant and full of sorrow, as though you had died
遙遠而且哀傷,彷彿你已經死了。
One word then, one smile, is enough
彼時,一個字,一個微笑,已經足夠。
And I'm happy, happy that it's not true
而我會覺得幸福,因那不是真的而覺得幸福。
⑵ 初三英語閱讀理解及答案
我現在是高一學生經歷過中考這幾篇閱讀對你有幫助When pet get sick, you can usually take them to an animal doctor or an animal hospital. Sometimes animals are so sick or hurt that you shouldn't move them . That's why Dr. Bird, a veterinarian, has a traveling hospital. Dr. Bird drives his hospital, which is really a van, to the animals.Dr. Bird has run the hospital for over10 years , and he has saved the lives of many pets. The van has an operating table, medicines and everything else he needs to treat animals. Dr. Bird says that there will soon be many more traveling hospitals to help sick or injured animals.61. The best name is ____. A. Why People Get Sick B. A Traveling Hospital C. Dogs Make Good Pets D. A Very Sick Animal62. Dr. Bird has run the hospital for ______.A. 12 years B. 10 years C. 15 years D. 20 years63. The story says that Dr Bird's hospital has _____. A. thick rugs B. no lights C. toys D. medicines64. Dr Bird is ______. A. a dentist B. an animal doctor C. very young D. very sick65. The word "veterinarian" means_______.A. animal doctor B. nurse C. farmer D. truck driver BMr Turner liked fishing. It was his favourite sport. He often fished for hours without catching anything. But this did not worry him. Some fishermen couldn't catch fish. Sometimes they caught old boots or rubbish . Mr Turner was even worse than the fishermen. He never caught anything – not even old boots. After he spent whole morning on the river, he always went home with an empty bag."You must give up fishing !" his friends said ," It's a waste of time.""But they don't realize one important thing. I'm not really interested in fishing. I am only interested in sitting in a boat and doing nothing at all. It can make me forget the noise of the city and live quietly for some time. " he always said to himself.66. Mr Turner always went fishing because ______.A. he could sell the fish and get some money
B. he thought it was a good sport
C. he could cook the fish for supper
D. he could sit in a boat
67. Mr Turner liked to fish_____. A. by the river B. in a boat on the river C. in the river D. with the fishermen68. He always went home with an empty bag because ______.A. he couldn't fish at all B. there weren't any fish in the riverC. he gave the fish to the fishermen D. he didn't pay attention to fishing at all69. His friends told him _____ when they knew he couldn't catch anything.to learn how to fish B. to change the way of fishing
not to fish any more D. to buy fish to eat
70. From the story we knew Mr Turner______A. lived in the country B. was a good fisherman
C. was interested in fishing D. disliked the noise of the city 61B 62A 63D 64B 65A 66B 67B 68D 69C 70DIn the world ,soccer of football is the most popular sport. This is because many countries have wonderful teams for the World Cup. The World Cup is held every four years.
To remember 2002 FIFA World Cup ,children from different countries and more than 60 children from Japanese schools came together and spent three weekends drawing a big picture called「Dream(夢幻) World Cups」in Japan .The children drew animals, flowers and people playing soccer under a bule bright sky. They wished each football team good luck by drawing the flags(旗幟)of all the countries that will take part in the World Cup in Japan and South Korea.The picture was put up in a park near a playground in Yokohama .Some football teams will have games there.
Are you a football fan(迷)?The World Cup makeds more and more people interested in football Teenagers(青少年)like playing and watching football .Many of them love some football stars so much that they get the pictures of their favourite players on the walls of their rooms. That is the way to show their love for the World Cup as children in Japan.
1.If a country wants to take part in the World Cup ,she must have______.
A.Many football fansB.a very good teamC.many football playerD.a big playground
2.The next World Cup will be held in_______.
A.2006B.2007C.2005D.2004
3.From the passage ,in the picture children drew many things except_________.
A. people playing footballB. pictures of some football starsC. a sunny skyD. flowers
4.In「Dream World Cup」,the children drew the flags of some countries______.
A. to show their love for their owe country
B. to tell the people their stories
C. to show their good wishes for the football teams
D. to show their new ideas about football
5.Many teenagers owe the pictures of some football stars because______.
A. they are interested in football
B. they are football fans
C. they think their favourite players are great
D. all of A,B and C
1.B 2.A 3.B 4.C 5.D
⑶ 適合初中生閱讀的英語書籍推薦
適合初中生閱讀的英語書籍:《愛麗絲夢遊仙境》《湯姆·索亞歷險記》《時間的皺紋》《漫長的冬季》《小王子》。
《愛麗絲夢遊仙境》
這是一部著名經典的哪譽兒童文學作品。由英國作家劉易斯·卡羅爾創作,已被翻譯成了125種語言,受到全世界孩子喜歡。這本書裡面的故事荒誕,語言幽默,充滿了笑話、雙關語、俏皮話等有語音特色的句子。讀書的過程中,可以激發孩子的想像力,也提高了語言能力。
《湯姆·索亞歷險記》
這是美國語言大師馬克·吐溫寫的兒童故事,書中主人公湯姆是一個充滿探險精神的孩子。我至今還記得當初我讀這本書時里的一些情節,比如湯姆是如何讓小夥伴們替他刷完他因受到懲罰而不得不刷的牆。
《時間的皺紋》
美國總統布希最喜歡的青少年圖書,全球銷量1000萬冊,全球10部最優秀的青少年圖書,囊括世界兩大青少年文學最高獎項! 三個怪孩子的故事,寫給孩子,也寫給大家。 美國總統喬治·布希的頒獎致詞中曾說道:「《時間的皺紋》一書激發了人們的想像力,代表了美國的創造精神。」
《小王子》
《小王子》不僅贏得了兒童讀者,也為成年人所喜愛,作品凝練的語言滲透了作者對人類及人類文明深邃的思索。它所表現出李晌段的諷刺與幻想,真情與哲理,使之成為法國乃至世界上最為著謹物名的一部童話小說。
⑷ 適合初一學生閱讀的英文書籍
看英文書籍可以讓自己的英文水平快速的提高,最好看一些世界經典故事,那麼有哪些適合初一學生閱讀的英文書籍?我幫大家總結出來吧!
- 01
The Old Man and the Sea 《老人與海》
本書講述了一個漁夫在連續八十四天沒捕到魚的情況下,終於獨自釣上了一條大馬林魚,和這條大魚在海水抗爭三天三夜最終勝利,但是回去途中卻遭到一條鯊魚襲擊最後一無所得的故事。這個故事詮釋了人活著應該具有樂觀,百折不饒,不輕言放棄的精神,也告訴了人類要與自然和諧相處,大自然的力量是人類不可抗拒的。 - 02
Little Prince 《小王子》
本書主要講述了一個小王子的故事。天上有一個小行星,小行星上只有小王子和一朵玫瑰花。小王子和玫瑰花雖然彼此相愛,但是因為不懂怎麼愛對方而互相傷害。於是傷心的小王子告別小行星,到處旅行。他先後訪問了六個行星,小王子對這6個行星上的大人們的行為感到不可思議,於是孤獨的小王子來到人類居住的地球,與人類成為好朋友,最後因為思念玫瑰花而讓蛇咬了一口,回到了小行星。這個故事告訴大家懂得怎麼愛別人以及保持孩子的童真,不要忘記了每個大人都曾經是孩子。 - 03
Charlotte's Web
《夏洛特的網》講的是一隻小豬和其它動物夥伴的故事,一隻叫做夏洛特的小豬,用一生的精力去為自己的朋友履行一個諾言,最終它們成功的編織了友誼網。這本書告訴大家友誼是人類最好的財富,沒有了愛和友誼人將會多麼孤獨,人要珍惜友誼,信任你的朋友,遵守對朋友的承諾。 - 04
The Pearl 《珍珠》
本書講的是一個叫基諾的採珠人,兒子被蠍子咬傷,但沒錢醫治,直到有一天找到了一顆非常值錢的珍珠,但貪婪的買珠人為了把珍珠占為己有,追殺他們一家,雖然他們勝利了,但是兒子卻在戰爭中死亡,基諾傷心欲絕,把珍珠扔進大海。這篇小說告訴我們錢財過多並不能帶來幸福,有可能帶來的是災難。 - 05
Black Beauty 《黑駿馬》
本書講的是一匹受過良好訓練的品種優良的「黑駿馬」,因為主人出現變故不得不被賣給各種人,嘗盡了人間的甜酸苦辣,最後終於有了一個好的歸宿的故事。這個故事反映了社會的黑暗以及下層人民過著悲慘的生活,為了生存必須堅韌不拔,勇敢對抗命運。 - 06
The lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe 《獅子,女巫和衣櫥》
本書講的是佩文西家四個兄弟姐妹彼得、蘇珊、愛德蒙和露茜為了逃避無意中發現衣櫥後隱藏著一個神奇的魔法王國。這個王國被一個女巫佔領,四個兄弟在聖誕老人的幫助下帶領大家打敗了女巫,最後又從衣櫥回到自己國家的童話故事。這個故事告訴大家正義最終會戰勝邪惡。 - 07
A Wrinkle in Time《時間的皺紋》
本書講述了兩個孩子和他們的小夥伴在神秘朋友的幫助下,穿越進入另一個星球,救出他們被困的父親的驚險歷程。這本書很感人,告訴大家要學會愛和寬容以及堅持信念。 - 08
The Long Winter《漫長的冬季》
本書講的是兩個家庭中,父母姐妹間的親情、戀人之間純潔美好的愛情,以及勞拉的成長的故事,《漫長的冬季》是非常適合家庭親子閱讀的書籍。通過本書可以認識自已與親人、大自然的親密關系,感受到親情的溫馨、勇氣的寶貴、愛情的真誠朴實。
⑸ 初中英語閱讀書籍推薦書目
1.《獅子,女巫和衣櫥》小孩子看到的是奇怪又生動的故事;大人們看到的是從冒險經歷中的傳奇和神話的秘密。
⑹ 初一英語小故事閱讀帶翻譯
學習英語 ,閱讀真的很重要,多閱讀一些簡單的 英語 故事 也是提高 英語閱讀 能力的一種,下面我在這里整理了一些初一英語小故事給大家,希望大家會喜歡這些英文故事!
初一英語小故事篇一
Long ago, there was a big cat in the house. He caught many mice while they were stealing food.
One day the mice had a meeting to talk about the way to deal with their common enemy. Some said this, and some said that.
At last a young mouse got up, and said that he had
a good idea.
"We could tie a bell around the neck of the cat. Then when he comes near, we can hear the sound of the bell, and run away."
Everyone approved of this proposal, but an old wise mouse got up and said, "That is all very well, but who will tie the bell to the cat?" The mice looked at each other, but nobody spoke.
從前,一所房子裡面有一隻大貓,他抓住了很多偷東西的老鼠。
一天,老鼠在一起開會商量如何對付他們共同的敵人。會上大家各有各的主張,最後,一隻小老鼠站出來說他有一個好主意。
“我們可以在貓的脖子上綁一個鈴鐺,那麼如果他來到附近,我們聽到鈴聲就可以馬上逃跑。”
大家都贊同這個建議,這時一隻聰明的老耗子站出來說:“這的確是個絕妙的主意,但是誰來給貓的脖子上綁鈴鐺呢?”老鼠們面 面相 覷,誰也沒有說話。
初一英語小故事篇二The Best Player
The school has a very good football team. The principal was glad because the team won. Its best player is Peter, but he was the worst student. He never studied hard and never did his homework on time, so his teachers were angry with him. But his coach liked him very much.
When Peter was in Grade Two, one day the principal called him to his office and said to him “You copied others answer again and again.” The boy said noting and left the office.
After a moment his coach came to the office and said to the principal “Are you sure Peter copied other’s answer? He is the best player and he must be the best student.”
The principal showed him two piece of homework. “This is Susan’s. She is the best student in his class.” The principal said. “This one is your player’s. They are same.” “But maybe she copied from his,” the coach said, “You can’t say that like this.”
“Look at this.” The principal said, “Susan didn’t know the answer to the question, so she wrote ‘I don’t know.’ And Peter wrote ‘Neither do I.’”
初一英語小故事篇三Jim and Mary were both patients in a Mental Hospital. One day while they were walking by the hospital swimming pool, Jim suddenly jumped into the deep end. He sank to the bottom. Mary promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled Jim out.
When the medical director became aware of Mary's heroic act he immediately reviewed her file and called her into his office. "Mary, I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged because since you were able to jump in and save the life of another patient, I think you've regained your senses. The bad news is Jim, the patient you saved, hung himself with his bathrobe belt in the bathroom,he's dead."
Mary replied, "He didn't hang himself, I hung him up to dry."
Jim和Mary都是精神病院里的病人。一天,他們沿著醫院的 游泳 池散步,Jim突然跳入泳池的深水區,他沉到了底部。Mary立刻跳下去救他,她潛到水底,把Jim拉了上來。
當院長聽聞了Mary的英勇行為後,他立刻翻看了她的病歷檔案,把她叫進了自己的辦公室,“Mary,我有一個好消息和一個壞消息要告訴你。好消息是你能跳入水中救其他病人,這說明你的意識已經恢復了,你可以出院了。壞消息就是,Jim,你救的那個病人,他還是用自己的浴袍帶子在浴室上吊自殺了。”
Mary說:“他沒有自殺,是我把他吊起來好讓他晾乾。”
初一英語小故事篇四:風箏A kite, which has been allowed to soar to the clouds, called out from on high to a butterfly down below in the valley.
“I can assure you that I can scarcely make you out. Confess now that you feel envious when you watch my so lofty flight.”
“Envious? No indeed! You have no business to think so much of yourself. You fly high, it is true; but you are always tied by a string.
Such a life, my friend, is very far removed from happiness. But I, though in truth but little exalted, fly wherever I wish. I should not like all my life long to have to conce to someone else’s foolish amusement.”
一隻乘風而起高飛入雲的風箏,從上空向下面山谷中一隻蝴蝶喊道:
“老實告訴你,我幾乎看不清你了。你得承認看到我飛得這么高,一定很羨慕吧。”
“羨慕嗎?一點也不!你根本沒有權利自以為有什麼了不起。你飛得高,這是事實;但你卻總是被系在繩上。朋友!這種生活跟幸福相去太遠了。雖然我實際上沒有什麼好得意的,卻能任意飛翔。我才不願意一輩子專供他人作無聊的娛樂呢。”
初一英語小故事篇五:FiveHundredTimes五百遍In the traffic court of a large mid-western city, a young lady was brought before the judge to answer a ticket given her for driving through a red light. She explained to his honor that she was a school teacher and requested an immediate disposal of her case in order that she might hasten on to her classes. A wild gleam came into the judge's eye. "You are a school teacher, eh?" said he. "Madam, I shall realize my lifelong ambition. Sit down at that table and write 'I went through a red light' five hundred times."
在中西部一個大城市的交通法庭里,一位年輕女士被帶到法官面前,她由於開車闖紅燈被開了罰單。女士向法官解釋,她是一名學校老師,請求法官馬上處理她的案子,以便可以趕回去上課。法官眼中閃過一絲狡黠,說道:“你是學校的老師,對嗎?女士,我馬上要實現我畢生的願望了。在那張桌子旁坐下,寫‘我開車闖了紅燈’500遍。”
初一英語小故事篇六:Yourhorsecalled馬打電話A guy is reading his paper when his wife walks up behind him and smacks him on the back of the head with a frying pan.
He asks, "What was that for?"
She says, "I found a piece of paper in your pocket with 'Betty Sue' written on it."
He says, "Jeez, honey, 'Betty Sue' was the name of the horse I bet on." She shrugs and walks away.
Three days later he's reading his paper when she walks up behind him and smacks him on the back of the head again with the frying pan.
He asks, "What was that for?"
She answers, "Your horse called."
一個傢伙正在看報紙,他的妻子走到他身後,用一隻煎鍋敲他的後腦勺。他問道:“這是為什麼?”她說:“我在你口袋裡發現了一張寫有‘Betty Sue’的紙條。”他說:“哎呀,親愛的,‘Betty Sue’是我賭的那匹馬的名字。”她聳了聳肩,走了。 三天後他正在看報紙,妻子走到他身後,又用一隻煎鍋敲他的後腦勺。他問:“這又是為什麼?”她答道:“你的馬打電話來了。”
初一英語小故事篇七:好消息&壞消息!An artist asked the gallery owner if there had been any interest in his paintings currently on display. "I've got good news and bad news," the owner replied. "The good news is that a gentleman inquired about your work and wondered if it would appreciate in value after your death. When I told him it would, he bought all fifteen of your paintings."
"That's wonderful!" the artist exclaimed, "What's the bad news?". With concern, the gallery owner replied, "The guy was your doctor."
一名藝術家問畫廊老闆,最近有沒有人對他展出的畫感興趣。“這有好消息和壞消息,”老闆回答。“好消息是有一位先生咨詢你的作品,他想知道在你死後你的畫會不會升值。我告訴他你的畫會升值,他就把你的15幅畫全都買走了。”
“真是太好了”,藝術家是喜形於色,“那壞消息是什麼?”帶著關心的口吻,畫廊老闆回答,“買畫的人是你的醫生”。
猜你喜歡:
1. 簡短英語小故事帶翻譯欣賞
2. 短小簡單英語故事閱讀
3. 經典的英語小故事
4. 關於七年級英語故事大全
5. 適合七年級的英語故事欣賞
⑺ 初一英語美文短篇閱讀
英語寫作 不僅涉及詞彙、語法等基礎知識的綜合應用,而且還包括思維、想像、謀篇、行文等語言能力的訓練和發揮。下面是我帶來的初一英語短篇美文閱讀,歡迎閱讀!
初一英語短篇美文閱讀篇一
受懲罰的馬Punishing the horse
宋國有一游歷者的坐騎不肯前進,他就將它趕進河裡,再翻身上馬繼續上路,可馬仍然不肯聽命,他又用同樣的 方法 對馬實施懲罰。
Since his horse refused to go forward, a traveler in the state of Song drove it into a stream, then mounted to set off again. Still the horse refused to go, and he punished it once more in the same way.
馬一共被罰了三次,可還是不肯就範。
This happened three times in all.
Even the most skilful rider could devise no better means of frightening a horse; but if you are not a rider, simply a bully, your horse will refuse to carry you.
這說明:即使最好的騎手也會用恐嚇的辦法使馬前行,但倘若你不是騎手,你的馬就會拒絕為你效勞。
初一英語短篇美文閱讀篇二
請求信
I had fallen and dislocated my elbow, which made writing checks for my small business nearly impossible. I called my bank to explain that the signature on my checks would look odd e to my accident, and would they please horror them anyway.
我摔了一跤,肘骨拖臼了。 這樣一來。 我幾乎不能在我地生意賬單上簽字了。 我給銀行打電話解釋說這是一個意外。 賬單上地簽名看上去會有些奇怪,希望他們無論如何都要給予承兌。
「Okay,」 said the woman on the phone, 「but you’ ll have to write a letter to the bank telling them that you are requesting this.」
「好的,」電話里的小姐說。 「可是你必須給銀行寫一封請求信。」
初一英語短篇美文閱讀篇三
青蛙Frog
The science teacher lecturing his class in biology said, now I ‘ll show you this frog in my pocket.
一位老師正在給學生上生物課,他說:「現在,我將要給你們看我袋子里的這只青蛙。
He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a chicken sandwich. He looked puzzled for a second, thought deeply and said, that’s funny. I distinctly remember eating my lunch.
接著,他把手伸進口袋,結果卻拿出了一份雞肉三明治。老師滿臉困惑地看了一眼那份三明治,沉思了一會兒,說道:「真奇怪,我明明記得我已經把午飯吃掉了。」
初一英語短篇美文閱讀篇四
詩人的名字The name of a poet
Our teacher was telling us about a new system of memory training being used in some schools today.
「It works like this,」she said. "Suppose you wanted to remember the name of a poet-Robert Burns,for instance.」She told us to think of him as Bobby Burns.「Now get in your head a picture of a London policeman,a bobby in flames. See? Bobby Burns!」
「I see what you mean,」said the class know it all.「But how can you tell that it's not Robert Browning?」
我們的老師正在給我們介紹現在某些學校使用的一種新的記憶訓練系統。
「這個系統是這樣的,」她說。「假定你要記住一個詩人的名字一一例如,要記住羅伯特·彭斯的名字。」她告訴我們把他當作博比·彭斯。「讓你的腦海里閃現出一個倫敦警察的形象,燃燒著的警察。明白嗎?警察燃燒!」
「我明白你的意思,」班上的萬事通說。「但是你怎麼能說那就不是羅伯特·布朗寧呢?」
初一英語短篇美文閱讀篇五
生年不滿百 Few live as longFew live as long as hundred years.
生年不滿百,
Why grieve over a thousand in tears!
常懷千歲憂。
When day grows short and long grows night,
晝短苦夜長,
Why not go out in candlelight?
何不秉燭游!
Enjoy the present time in laughter!
為樂當及時,
Why worry about the hereafter?
何能待來茲?
If you won’t spend the wealth you’ve got,
愚者愛惜費,
Posterity would call you sot.
但為後世嗤。
We cannot hope to rise as high.
仙人王子喬,
As an immortal in the sky.
難可與等期。
看了「初一英語短篇美文閱讀」的人還看了:
1. 精選英語美文初一要短小
2. 初中英語短篇美文閱讀
3. 經典七年級英語美文摘抄
4. 優秀英語美文短篇摘抄
5. 初中晨讀勵志英語美文
⑻ 初中經典英語短文
The House of 1000 Mirrors
千鏡之屋
Long ago in a small, faraway village, there was a place known as the House of 1000 Mirrors. A small, happy little dog learned of this place and decided to visit. When he arrived, he hounced happily up the stairs to the doorway of the house. He looked through the doorway with his ears lifted high and his tail wagging as fast as it could. To his great surprise, he found himself staring at 1000 other happy little dogs with their tails wagging just as fast as his. He smiled a great smile, and was answered with 1000 great smiles just as warm and firendly. As he left the House, he thought to himself, "This is a wonderful place. I will come back and visit it often."
In this same village, another little dog, who was not quite as happy as the first one, decided to visit the house. He slowly climbed the stairs and hung his head low as he looked into the door. When he saw the 1000 unfriendly looking dogs staring back at him, he growled at them and was horrified to see 1000 little dogs growling back at him. As he left, he thought to himself, "That is a horrible place, and I will never go back there again."
All the faces in the world are mirrors. What kind of reflections do you see in the faces of the people you meet?
很久以前的一個很遠的小村莊里,有一個以"千鏡屋"而著名的地方。一個樂觀的小狗聽說了這個地方並決定去參觀。當來到這個地方,他蹦蹦跳歡恰快的上了台階,來到房門口,他高高豎起耳朵,歡快地搖著尾巴,從門口往裡張望,他驚奇地看到有1000隻歡樂的小狗像他一樣快的搖尾巴。他燦爛地微笑著,回報他的是1000張熱情,友好的燦爛笑臉。離開時他心想:"這是一個精彩的地主,我一定要經常來參觀。"
在這個村裡還有另一隻想參觀"千鏡屋"的小狗,他不及第一隻小狗樂觀,他慢吞吞地爬上台階,然後耷拉著腦袋往屋子裡看。一看到有1000隻小狗不友好地盯著他,他便開始沖他們狂吠,鏡中的1000隻小狗也沖著他狂吠,把他給嚇壞了,他在離開時心想:"這是一個恐怖的地方,我再也不會來了。"
世界上所有的臉都是鏡子,在你所遇見的人的臉上你看到反射出來的是什麼?